Emilio Amero (1901 – 1976) was among the artists working within the Mexican Modern art movement along with artists such as Diego Rivera and José Celmente Orozco. While Amero worked in other mediums such as painting, illustration, photography, and filmmaking, he is most noted for his lithography prints.
In 1930, Amero returned to Mexico to establish a print shop at the Escuela Nacional de Artes Plásticas. Several years later he returned to the States where he taught at the Florence Cane School of Art and worked as a muralist for the Work Projects Administration. In 1940 Amero moved to Seattle to teach at the Cornish School before his final stint at the University of Oklahoma (OU) from 1946 to 1968. While at OU he established a world-class print shop, which is still in existence today.
His work is similar in style and content to other Mexican Moderns such as his treatment of thick bodies, broad areas of color, stylized treatment of forms, and symbols.